Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Garden Update - In Progress

When I posted a few months back, I had just received my veggie seeds for my veggie garden. Since then, most have sprouted and are growing (although my darn tomatoes are still just tiny little sprouts). I've also managed to get all my beds weeded, new mulch down, lawn cleaned up and edged and pots filled with annuals. Whew! I was motivated this year to get it done in time for my friend Lita's shower which was in early! Sadly, it rained that day so we ended up being inside. Pictures from the shower coming soon! I had a photographer come in and take pictures so I won't have those pictures until later this week.


This rainbow chard is insane! This actually wintered over from last summer and just kept growing. It had a big stalk that I just cut back, but this thing was growing like a tree!


Herbs! Chives, Parsley, Fennel (back left), Sage. I also have (but not pictured) Greek Oregano, Thyme, Tarragon and Cilantro.


Hanging baskets from my favorite nursery, Flower World!





Mmmmm! Can't wait to have a fresh salad from my garden!



My flamingos! Peter got these for me for Christmas and I LOVE them. Adds a little bit of much needed tacky to the backyard. 


Pots on the front porch.  You can see my sad little tomatoes on the lower right.



I cannot even begin to tell you how tall my iris flowers were this year! Must have been three feet! Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment