Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Teriyaki Skewers with Grilled Veg

On a roll this week with my stand-by recipes. Last week I think I may have tried one too many new recipes. This week, everything I have made before. Last night, I made Teriyaki Skewers and some grilled veggies. Pete actually was a contributor (what a guy) and cut up all the meat and got it marinating for me in the morning. Other than the marinating (helps to marinate at least an hour preferably all day or overnight), the recipe was S-I-M-P-L-E.


Teriyaki Skewers with Grilled Veg
1 flank steak cut thinish across the grain
1 cup Yoshidas Teriyaki Sauce
1 red onion (or sweet onion) cut into chunks
2 red bell peppers cut into chunks

(1) Cut meet and cover with sauce in a marinator or in a gallon size ziplock bag.
(2) Refridgerate meat for minimum 1 hour, perferabbly 4+ hours.
(3) Chop Veggies
(4) Skewer meat and veg in alternating patterns


If using wooden skewers, helps to soak them in water for 20 minutes or so to keep from buring. Pete and I got some metal non-stick skewers from Crate and Barrell as a wedding present and LOVE them. Super easy to clean up and waaaaaayyy easier than the wood ones.


Grill until desired doneness -- usually about 10 minutes (flipping once).

I usually serve these with Confetti Rice (rice cooked in chicken stock with minced carrots, bell peppers, and whatever other veggies I have around like corn, peas, etc). But recently have just been serving them with stirfried veggies. Tonight I just served them with some grilled broccolini and corn on the cob. 

No comments:

Post a Comment