Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dinner Catch-up from Last Week

Last week I tried three new recipes plus a total standby easy steak dinner. For a recap in the dinner menu, check out here. 

Monday's stuffed peppers and tomatoes were a 85% success (if you asked my Grandparents they'd probably say 100%, the are great like that and easy to please!). I used heirloom tomatoes and yellow, red and orange peppers. Stuffed them with sautueed onions, ground beef, LOTS of herbs and rice. Delicious! I used brown rice instead of white rice (what my family usually uses) and I think I undercooked the rice a little bit so it had more of a bite then I would have liked. That coupled with my tomatoes being rather watery (making the bottom of the pan rather soupy... not so much). So overall, taste = delicious. Just a few texture / presentation items I would have liked to be better. But hey, that's what next time is for, right?

Tuesday was Thai Shrimp Soup seen here (the only recipe I managed to write up last week!). I will admit we didn't really finish the soup and ate PB&J for a back-up dinner.

Wednesday was night three of new recipes resulting in Lemony Shrimp Risotto. This was also from Jamie Oliver's 20 Minute Meals application for Android. It was very straight forward and simple to make, but like the Thai Shrimp soup I just didn't dig the flavors. Pete ate it up happy as a clam, but I didn't manage to finish mine. Eek! Two nights in a row!




I'm not going to post the recipe because honestly, just didn't like it!! If you've got a good recipe for risotto to share, do let me know!!

As I mentioned last week, Thursday we met up with some new friends for dinner at  Milagro Cantina. We've eaten there a couple times before and loved it! Really great margaritas and really good tacos. That's about all we've eaten (and drank) there but I'm sure there other food is yummy! I'll get better about taking pictures so you can SEE how good it looked.

Last but not least, FRIDAY (que Rebecca Black). After one mostly positive new recipes and two really failures, but just didn't like them recipes, Friday I decided to make our favorite super simple steak dinner. I almost always cook a bone in ribeye when I'm grilling steak (I use flank steak for fajitas and skewers). Seasoned it with a little EVOO, kosher salt and LOTS of black pepper and threw it on a hot grill for about 4-5 minutes per side (I'm a medium rare to medium kind of lady!). I served it with some grilled broccolini (love that stuff!) and grilled corn (same seasonings as the steak + a little garlic powder). DONE. 10 minutes later dinner was served. And yes it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment