|Pin found here|
Here's how it turned out!
I had a little harder time than I thought getting the yarn wrapped around the letters, but overall I'm happy with the effect. I think the original picture had yarn wrapped around cardboard letters which I couldn't find. I ended up using wood letters. I think to do again, I'd probably get the hot glue gone out for the initial (pun not intended!) wrap of yarn and then just wrap it again like I did here.
Here's how it looks on the mantel with some new finds from Ikea!
I feel so accomplished to finally have crafted something! Next up, I've got some of the stuff to make this:
|Picture found here. |
I still need to get some foam balls to wrap in some of the leftover yarn from my letter project. When I went to Michaels they foam balls were a litle more expensive then I would have liked (it probably would have cost me around $50 to cover a wreath). So I'm gonna keep an eye out for some coupons so I can try to make this soon!